No one was harmed but the huge fire that broke out in Patna’s GV Mall at Boring Road at 5 am today, burned down most shops of the 30 it housed.
Fire brigades rushed to the spot almost immediately and rallied three hours to bring the enormous blaze under control. At least eight fire wagons were engaged in fighting the flames.
The sleepy hours when time took place possibly saved risk to shoppers who otherwise cram the corridors in the weekend.
A petrol pump, residential building, print media office and a commercial complex bordered with the Mall and stood in tact.
The cause of fire was not immediately clear.